Are you interested in making your voice heard to UN officials?
The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) is collecting input from UNA members on the implementation of human rights with regard to young people.
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights would be grateful to receive any relevant information for the preparation of this report. In particular:
- Challenges faced by young people in your community;
- Examples of discrimination against young people in the exercise of their rights;
- Are you aware of policies and programmes aimed at supporting young people to realize their rights? If so, please describe them
- How are youth organizations or youth-led structures involved in developing, implementing, monitoring and/or evaluating policies and programmes on youth in your community?
- What measures at international level would facilitate/support the realization of young people’s rights;
- Any other issue you would like to share with OHCHR.
No matter who you are or what you study, if you have a passion for human rights, we encourage you to call in to the discussion! Recommendations and feedback from the discussion will be shared directly with the UN Human Rights Office with the potential to reach all the 193 members of the UN. This is your chance to connect to the UN directly from your campus/community. RSVP below for more information; or to leave your written input for the report.
Register here to give your input to the UN Human Rights office.