By: Stephanie Metherall, UNA-USA Youth Engagement Intern
Here's everything you need to know to kick off your fall semester!
- Sign up for Student Activity Fair Toolkits and swag by August 8.
- Register for your Fall Student Activity Fair. Before tabling, check out this guide on building your membership.
- Purchase your own swag!
**NOTE** The products on the DAS website are not already GenUN branded; they will appear with sample branding, and will only be branded with the GenUN logo after you reach out to Wes Rogerson.
- Day of Activity Expo: Post on social media reminding people to stop by your table; try using Virtual Reality to spark interest in your tabling events!
- 1 week after Activity Expo: Email interested students, welcoming them to GenUN. Check out this sample email: "Thanks for your interest in joining GenUN! We are so excited to have you and can’t wait to include you in all our great work and fun activities this year. Our first meeting will be held at 6pm next Monday, and we’d love to see you there! We’ll be meeting in Richardson 117 to introduce our leadership and get started planning for our annual UN Day event in October."
- Plan for a general interest meeting and break out into possible committees.
- Hold your first meeting! Your agenda could include fundraising ideas, or a brainstorm for your UN Day (Oct. 24) programming.
- End of August: Book space for UN Day programming and submit your UN Day Supply and Speaker Request Form.
- Sept. 6, Senate is back in session! Get your new members involved and contact your local representatives to advocate for the UN and stand #WithRefugees.
- October: Celebrate UN Day with an event that engages your campus community.
- Host at least three other activities or events (including one advocacy-related and one international celebration day per year) as a chapter. See the list of chapter activity ideas for some inspiration!
- November: Consider submitting a blog post to GenUN about an event you held this semester.
- December: Submit a semester report.