This fall, UNA-USA is launching a fellowship program to help develop the capacity of our campus leaders. The deadline to apply is Sunday, September 6, 2015.
The GenUN Fellowship program provides students with the opportunity to learn about global issues while developing their skills as UNA-USA leaders. We offer our Fellows tools to improve upon their own strengths while helping to grow our national network of UN advocates. GenUN Fellows will 1). Work to complete a set of chapter network field organizing goals for each month and semester, and 2). Study global challenges and gain insight into current issues facing the UN.
By becoming a representative of GenUN and UNA-USA, Fellows are offered the unique opportunity to be a local voice for a national organization. Our growing network of leaders and advocates will be an invaluable resource for personal and professional growth. Fellows will work closely with the selected Fellows to assist UNA-USA campus chapter leaders in building membership, running their programs and communicating their work back to the national office.
- Commit to the eight-month Fellowship from September 2015 – May 2016.
- Participate in monthly conference calls between Fellows and UNA-USA. Calls will consist of both discussion on Fellowship deliverables (chapter outreach, blogging, etc.) and discussion on the UN issue focus of the month.
- Dedicate 5-10 hours a week to the Fellowship. This time may be spent helping to develop new UNA-USA campus chapters and strengthening existing ones, in addition to resource and content development.
- Support campus chapter leaders in planning activities, holding events, and celebrating the work of the UN.
- Communicate regularly with campus chapter leaders regarding important dates, news, opportunities, and programing suggestions.
- Help to set up three other UNA-USA campus chapters in your region.
- Keep an up-to-date log on chapter activities and events. Help communicate these accomplishments to the national office for recognition.
- Create two “How-To” guides for campus chapters.
Fellows will receive a $500/ semester stipend.
- Applicants must be a current student at an American college or university.
- Applicants must be current or former leaders (any position) of a UNA-USA campus chapter.
Applications are due September 6, 2015 at midnight EST.
Questions? Contact Monika Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.