The World Federation of United Nations Associations, the convening body of all UNAs around the world, is in search of candidates for its Youth Advisory Council. The deadline for nominations is November 18th.
WFUNA Youth Advisory Council
During the Global Youth Forum, the Youth Advisory Council will be elected by youth delegates attending the Plenary Assembly to serve a three-year term. The WFUNA's Youth Advisory Group is comprised of a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 12 youth leaders from various regions around the world with the objective of advising the Secretary-General on youth issues, by brainstorming pragmatic, innovative, and cost-effective programs for WFUNA's local, regional, and global networks. The Youth Program Associate and the Youth Advisory Council are in charge of disseminating information about these programs to WFUNA's youth constituents.
Responsibilities of the WFUNA Youth Advisory Council
- Advise the Secretary-General on youth initiatives
- Foster youth involvement among United Nations Associations and United Nations Youth Associations
- Part of WFUNA's initiative to establish a long term structure for a moresustainable youth framework
- Work with WFUNA's mission of developing youth programs that build the capacity of its global membership and work to strengthen and improve the work of the United Nations
Elections will take place during the WFUNA Global Youth Forum in Vancouver, Canada. However, candidates do not need to be present in Vancouver to be elected. In order to present your candidacy, the following criteria must be met:
- Only candidates nominated by the leadership of their affiliated UNA will be considered for elections.
- Candidates must fill out the online candidacy form.
- Candidates must include a short bio and picture to be uploaded on our website after the complete application is received.
- Candidates are encouraged to record a 2-3 minutes video introducing themselves and the work they have done with their affiliated UNA or UNYA. They should also mention why they want to be part of the WFUNA Youth Advisory Council. Although recording a video is not mandatory, it is strongly encouraged. The video will be uploaded on our website.
- Candidates do not necessarily have to be present at the Global Youth Forum to be considered for elections.
- At the moment of elections, only one vote per UNA present at the Global Youth Forum will be permitted.
The candidacy form was recently changed to enable video upload. For those who have already completed the application and still want to include a video, you can send me the video. I will upload it on the WFUNA website.