The GenUN Fellowship program provides UNA-USA students with the opportunity to act on global issues while developing their skills as UNA-USA leaders. As the field organizers of UNA’s campus chapter network, Fellows play a key role in expanding UNA-USA’s reach across the nation. Fellows will work closely with their cohort and UNA national staff to assist campus chapter leaders in building membership, running their programs, and communicating their work back to the national office. (Want to hear about what it's like to be a GenUN Fellow in their own words? Read this FAQ.)
- Commit to the one-year fellowship from June 2017 – May 2018.
- Fellows will be required to attend the annual UNA-USA Leadership Summit (June) and Members’ Day at the UN (February). Housing and travel to these events will be covered by the Fellowship.
- Participate in monthly conference calls between fellows, the UNA-USA national office, and guest speakers on UN issues. Calls will consist of both discussion on Fellowship deliverables (chapter outreach, blogging, etc.) and discussion on the UN issue focus of the month.
- Dedicate 5-10 hours a week to the Fellowship. This time may be spent helping to develop new UNA-USA campus chapters and strengthening existing ones, in addition to resource and content development.
- Support campus chapter leaders in planning activities, holding events, and celebrating the work of the UN.
- Work with chapters to implement the GenUN human rights initiative.
- Communicate regularly with campus chapter leaders regarding important dates, news, opportunities, and programming suggestions.
- Help to set up three other UNA-USA campus chapters in your region.
- Keep an up-to-date log on chapter activities and events. Help communicate these accomplishments to the national office for recognition.
- Applicants must be a current student at an American college or university enrolled for 2017-2018 academic year.
- Applicants must be active members of a UNA-USA campus chapter.
Applications are due April 16, 2017 at midnight EST.
Apply here or using the fields below.