UNA-USA members from across the nation are invited to apply for the UNA Blogger Fellowship at the 2016 Social Good Summit! The 2016 Social Good Summit UNA Blogger Fellows are 20 grassroots UN advocates, bloggers, and UNA-USA members from across the nation. As representatives of UNA chapters, they are attending the Social Good Summit to dive into pressing global issues and return home to motivate their chapters to take action. While attending, they are expected to blog and build digital media content for their local chapters on a range of issues; many of these posts will appear on the UNA-USA website and at GenUN, UNA-USA’s youth hub. View posts from last year’s Blogger Fellows here.
Apply by August 14 for consideration. Accepted applicants will be notified by the end of August.
The goal of the Social Good Summit is to empower people everywhere to have their voices heard, both during and after UN Week. The Summit which will be supplemented by a week of related activities around the globe including meet-ups hosted locally by members of the social good community, and signature events supported by Social Good Summit partners; will provide a shared platform for a global call to action to create the kind of world we want and identify innovations that can help make this world a reality. The fellowship includes free access to the Social Good Summit’s Digital Media Lounge at 92Y, opportunities to publish your work with UNA-USA, networking opportunities with global leaders and change-makers, an exclusive welcome event, and more.
The fellowship includes:
- Access to the Digital Media Lounge at this year’s history-making Social Good Summit (September 18-19, 2016)
- A chance to have your viewpoint published on the +SocialGood blog, the UNA-USA blog, and the GenUN hub.
- An exclusive welcome event and briefing.
- Networking opportunities with global leaders and change-makers, including fellow UNA-USA leaders.
- Opportunities to connect with other industry-leading bloggers in the Digital Media Lounge.
- Applicants must have experience in writing blog posts or journalistic writing.
- Fellows will be required to be a UNA-USA member.
- Fellows will be required to submit at least two blog posts in their native language.
- Fellows will be asked to live tweet the Social Good summit.
- Fellows should utilize the Social Good Summit to build digital media content for their local or campus UNA chapter.
All travel expenses are the responsibility of the applicant.